On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 11:33:58PM -0400, Hugo Villeneuve wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:05:13 -0700
> "Mark A. Greer" <mgr...@mvista.com> wrote:
>
> > From: Mark A. Greer <mgr...@mvista.com>
> >
> > Currently, there is one set of platform_device and platform_data
> > structures for all DaVinci SoCs.  The differences in the data
> > between the various SoCs is handled by davinci_serial_init()
> > by checking the SoC type.  However, as new SoCs appear, this
> > routine will become more & more cluttered.
> >
> > To clean up the routine and make it easier to add support for new
> > SoCs, move the platform_device and platform_data structures into the
> > SoC-specific code and use the SoC infrastructure to provide access
> > to the data.
>
> Hi Mark,
> In doing so, it seems you are re-introducing the bug that I fixed
> in commit aeb81be782b838f96b1eca90ff49b217035b8461
>
> Can you please check that and correct this patch?

Hi Hugo.

I thought I captured the essence of your patch.  Which, AFAICT, is to
replace the 'p->flags = 0' with a 'continue' inside the check if the
uart is enabled.  Everything else just moves the setup of
plat_serial8250_port data from comipile time to runtime with no
functional changes (AFAICS).  Okay, I did miss setting 'p->flags' to 0
on the last entry if DAVINCI_MAX_NR_UARTS < 3.

What else did I miss?

Mark