Hi guys,

I'm using the Montavista kernel for 2.6.18_pro500, but this is more of
a generic SPI question.

I'm trying to write a peripheral driver which uses the SPI.
I have set up the SPI bus on SPI1, and I can initiate transfers over
the wires (Logic analyser shows me line states)

However, the device I'm talking to works in 16bit transactions where
the first 8 bits are the address/register to read
The following 8bits will clock the value of the register back to the master
i.e.: to read the value 0x02 from register 0x03 the following
transaction would occur

MOSI:
0x03##
MISO
0x##02

where ## are "don't cares"

I can't seem to get this to happen using spi_write / spi_read.
Does anyone know where some good pointers on using SPI are, or good
examples are ?

Cheers
--

George Burns  - "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring,
close-knit family in another city." -