On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Nori, Sekhar <nsek...@ti.com> wrote:
> Hi Viral,
>
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 19:06:55, Viral Sachde wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 5:58 PM,  <wenkatesh.tala...@wipro.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> >  Here you don't need to create the nodes in /dev dir, as they are created
>> > on
>> > the boot-up time.
>> > Make sure that your configuration in kernel for the console is correct. And
>> > make sure that the file-system your using is not a corrupted one.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Venkatesh
>>
>> Hi Venkatesh,
>>
>> I have used defconfig of davinci for kernel configuration.
>
> What is the full build step?
>
> I do something like:
>
> make distclean davinci_all_defconfig uImage ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=<path to
> CodeSourcery 2009q1 toolchain>
>
>> File system is NFS based and working well with previous versions of kernel.
>
> Within TI we are using filesystem from arago project[1] for testing.
>
> Can you pick up the one of the latest versions and see if you are able to
> boot-up?
>
> Also, DaVinci git is now based on 2.6.31, you can rebase before retrying.
>
> Thanks,
> Sekhar
>
> [1] http://arago-project.org/files/releases/

Hi Sekhar & all,

Thanks for directions. I am now able to boot 2.6.31 compiled with
codesourcery tool chain and arago filesys.

Couple of things:
1. In codesourcery tool chain mkimage tool is not available.
2. In arago project page, lot of release are available, but none
marked as latest-stable.

Regards, Viral