Hi Caglar,

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 16:36:33, Caglar Akyuz wrote:
> On Monday 02 August 2010 06:53:16 pm Nori, Sekhar wrote:
> > Hi Brian,
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 19:40:29, Brian Niebuhr wrote:
> > > Grant -
> > >

> > >  For my part, I've already sunk way more time into this than I ever
> > > intended, and I really have no clue how to break this patch down into
> > > smaller patches.  I don't really care much if the patch gets accepted
> > > or not - I am just trying to help out all of the other users that are
> > > stuck with a broken driver like I was.  Maybe if TI wants to give
> > > their customers a driver that actually works they'll pick it up and do
> > > the rest of the work that's necessary to get it accepted.
> >
> > Thanks for all the work on this so far. We will work on breaking
> > this patch up and getting the fixes accepted upstream.
> >

> Is there any improvement on this or anybody is actively working on submitting
> patches?
>
> I'm going to try this driver on DaVinci DM6446 and OMAP L-138 with different
> peripherals. If nobody is expected to submit something soon, then I can work
> on preparing incremental patches while working with the driver. I can start
> sending patches next week or so.

I have been spending time on this (admittedly on and off) since I wrote that
email and have broken down the work into ~20 patches so far. Starting to
scratch the DMA related changes right now. So, I guess I am somewhere midway.

I pushed a branch containing the work so far here:

http://arago-project.org/git/projects/?p=linux-davinci.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/davinci-spi-rewrite

This isn't tested or submit-worthy yet. I was hoping to break down the
complete work, test it and get reviewed by Brian. Also, the final work
may differ from Brian's work slightly as I did some improvements while
I was the fat patch breaking down.

The breakdown wasn't mechanical because Brian's improvements are very
intertwined and if I just simply 'selected hunks' it wouldn't make for
a very reviewable patch series.

Have you also been parallely working on this? If not, I hope you can start
from what I have already completed. I will continue to work on it anyway.
This way hopefully the patch series should be ready sooner.

Thanks,
Sekhar