--- Begin Message ---
William,

On 13.10.2017 21:56, William Sylvester wrote:
> [...]
>
>  2. Conduct of a co-chair for a working group. This is a much more
>     challenging issue, should a chair be held accountable for the
>     actions of an employer?

are we really talking about an action by some random colleagues of David
he'd barely know as they would work in another department across the
street and therefore he'd almost never have anything to do with them?

If so, I'd truly wonder how "they" would then dare to still put his full
name and contact details below that email in question. Even although it
appears that the sender address is rather a role account than a personal
email address.

I'd call this a rather unusual business practice. From my 20+ years of
experience such an email with my credentials - or anyone else's, for
that is - underneath would not go out without my - or that person's -
clear consent. At the very least not without my - their - knowledge.

Hopefully either one of you could shed a little more light on this
detail - as I believe this is at the core of the issue in general.

Thanks & best,

        -C.

--- End Message ---