--- Begin Message ---

On 14/10/17 12:37, Carsten Schiefner wrote:
> William,
>
> On 13.10.2017 21:56, William Sylvester wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>>  2. Conduct of a co-chair for a working group. This is a much more
>>     challenging issue, should a chair be held accountable for the
>>     actions of an employer?
>
> are we really talking about an action by some random colleagues of David
> he'd barely know as they would work in another department across the
> street and therefore he'd almost never have anything to do with them?

I can speak to this from personal experience.

When I worked for BT, a misguided salesdroid mined the RIPE DB and used
it to send spam to possible customers. When I found out I arranged for
the salesdroid to be suitably formally warned, extracted an apology from
them and passed the apologies of the company to the RIPE NCC and the
community. At the time I was a co-chair of the DB WG.

I would expect any member of the community (not just a WG chair) to do
likewise.

Nigel

--- End Message ---