RIPE’s stat page https://stat.ripe.net/AS8945#tabId=routing shows that
188.64.224.0/24 was announced by AS8945 from late 2009 to the end of Sep 2015.
From early Dec 2015 - now, various more specifics in 188.64.224.0/21 have been
consistently announced by AS13414.  No other consistent originators of parts of
188.64.224.0/21 are shown.

AS8945 is still evidently an actively maintained AS in the RIPE database, last
updated in Jan 2018.  It just doesn’t announce any routes (zero) and has not
announced anything for a long time.  It is still keeping its membership active
- the organization was updated this week.  The AS is still on the list of
members for Equinix Paris.  The RIPE database lists the AS as “Heron SAS”,
which I can’t find as a commercial concern.  The maintainer email is
@scanandtarget.com (a charming name, yes?).

The historical RIPE stat files Geoff pointed to show the /21 as allocated in
Jul 2009, and that same line shows up in the stat files since then.

Until yesterday.

Until the stat file for 20180711, when it switches from “allocated” to
“reserved”.  (Coincidence?) According to the NRO explanation of the stat file
format, “reserved” could mean many things, one of the most likely being returns
that are not yet available for reassignment.

I can’t guess what that means about who returned the space.  Or about twitter
continued use going forward.

—Sandy