      From: Aftab Siddiqui via db-wg <db-wg@ripe.net>
 To: Geoff Huston <g...@apnic.net>
Cc: RIPE Database Working Group <db-wg@ripe.net>
 Sent: Thursday, 12 July 2018, 18:40
 Subject: Re: [db-wg] Source GRS vs RIPE

Hi Geoff,
Of course Twitter is doing nothing uniquely unusual in this respect, as these
are just 7 examples from a pool of some 300 announcements of unallocated
address space (a list of such bogons can be found at
http://www.cidr-report.org/as2.0/#Bogons)

:)

- Why is Twitter announcing these prefixes?

   I have no idea. Something has gone wrong here and the address has come back
to the RIR and Twitter apper to be unaware of this.

No, Twitter is absolutely aware of this issue, I alerted their NOC when I got
the result this morning from CIDR report (yes, I scrop your data daily) but
unfortunately there response was "This prefix is valid and owned by us in RIPE
region. Please do your homework before making incorrect accusations." But
atleast I tried.
- How and why is this prefix in RADB, given that it is unallocated space?

   Good question - I wonder what periodic checks the RADB undertakes on the
data held in its registry?

No idea, it should be triggered right away when the RIR, who is the authentic
source of these resources marked them "Unalloacted". But in a perfect world.
- Why do upstream AS’s accept these advertised prefixes?

   Maybe they chose to believe that RADB performs robust periodic integrity
checks? Or <insert reason here>?

Yes, mostly follow RADB.

Geoff