Hi Denis,

While I agree with your goal of trying to clean up the DB more
generally, I think all of the more general issues have to be left for
another time as I don't think that is appropriate for a NWI and should
be done through the PDP.
I think we should purely tackle the issue of as-sets for now as I
think there is enough unanimity in it and it is small enough in scope
that it makes sense to do it through the NWI process. (I think the
main person raising any objections was myself)

I have a question though, do we know if all current hierarchical
as-sets were authorized by the ASN holder when they were created?
I wrote the above question and then I looked into it, but as it is a
bit off-topic and some other things that popped up, I decided to put
it in a separate thread.
The TL;DR of it though is that, I am pretty sure that the answer is
no. There are at least some that weren't authorized.

Another issue is how to deal with the short as-sets that already exist
and are potentially causing issues.
Just as an example, I can see that there is currently an AS-AMAZON in
the RIPE DB that I assume was not authorized by Amazon and looks to
not have any good reason to exist (no members).
I think having a way for trademark holders and well-known entities to
deal with dubious as-sets would be good.
Maybe just during a limited time period to prevent any future uncertainty.

-Cynthia