Colleagues

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 at 13:54, denis walker <ripede...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One question to the community...do we want to disallow authorisation
> of new AS-SET objects from ASNs in RIPE-NONAUTH?

Any thoughts on this? There are 2128 AUT-NUM objects with source
RIPE-NONAUTH. Do we want these to be able to authorise the creation of
hierarchical AS-SET objects when we don't know who maintains the
AUT-NUM objects?

Another suggestion. There are 1361 short named AS-SET objects that
don't have any 'members' or 'mbrs-by-ref' attributes. In other words
they are operationally empty objects. (This includes AS-AMAZON.) We
could introduce an automated cleanup process similar to the way we
remove unreferenced PERSON and ROLE objects. If an AS-SET object
remains operationally empty for 90 days it will be automatically
deleted. This would include hierarchical objects. The hierarchical
objects can easily be recreated by the ASN maintainers at any time if
they are needed later. This gets around the problem of who has the
authority to remove rogue objects. It becomes a database cleanup
operation. Any thoughts?

cheers
denis
co-chair DB-WG