Hi all,

RIPE NCC has assigned me an ASN a couple of years ago. During some routine
checks I noticed a few route objects with my ASN in it which were created long
before the ASN got assigned to me.

When trying to force-delete these objects I was unable to. After contacting
RIPE NCC this is apparently by design, and RIPE NCC was unable to delete them
either because the route objects were protected by a valid maintainer. They
suggested I contact the original creator of the objects (which I couldn't, the
email bounced), or contact the inetnum resource holder and ask them to (force)
delete the route objects.

I find it odd that as ASN resource holder I am unable to force-delete objects
referencing the ASN that is assigned to me. I'm apparently not the only one.
From what I've been told requests from ASN resource holders to delete route
objects referencing their ASN pop up regularly in RIPE NCC support.

I think this is something that can be improved. I suggest implementing the
option to force-delete a route(6) object as ASN resource holder. This saves
both the resource holder and RIPE NCC valuable time.

Regards,

Wessel
-----
To unsubscribe from this mailing list or change your subscription options,
please visit: https://mailman.ripe.net/mailman3/lists/db-wg.ripe.net/
As we have migrated to Mailman 3, you will need to create an account with the
email matching your subscription before you can change your settings.
More details at: https://www.ripe.net/membership/mail/mailman-3-migration/