On 1/19/04 2:22 PM, Tim Bunce wrote:
> Short answer: no.

Can I please have the long answer? :)  I really think this type of thing is
common enough that, at the very least, there should be convenient hooks for
parsing and formatting dates (or possibly any column types).  Passing code
refs to bind_columns() calls is not what I'd consider "convenient."

> If you want to use DateTime then I'd recommend the DateTime::Format::DBI
> module or something like it:

See my subsequent post.  This is part of the plan, but I don't want to have
to (continue) to do it "manually", either inline or in yet another DBI
wrapper.

-John