On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 05:53:00PM -0500, Jeff Urlwin wrote:
> > Plans:
> >
> > 1.  Move DBI source code to http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbi/
>
> Tim,
>
> On and Off I've thought about moving DBD::ODBC to a CVS repository and
> searched for a tool that would take old tarballs of prior releases and build
> the CVS repository from the tarballs.  Maybe I don't need to, but it would
> be nice to have all the versions in a repository, each version/release
> tagged with the release.  I just haven't gotten around to it.  Would you
> want to put your history in CVS or just handle it as a "from here on"
> repository?

Keeping the history would be nice - but it's not essential.
If I don't get it into CVS then I'd probably tar up my RCS files
and put them on CPAN (or at least backpan) "for posterity".

> Also, I thought there was a CVS repository specifically setup for perl
> modules, but I can't seem to find my reference to it.  Wouldn't that be
> "better"?

Quite possibly. I don't know yet. I'm talking to Rob and Ask, the perl.org
admins, about it.

> Either way, I know I have been interested in setting up a repository for
> DBD::ODBC, but just haven't found the time.  I suppose It's more useful for
> DBI and the more-used modules (or for the modules with more regular
> contributions), than for DBD::ODBC.

Perhaps. But having cvs can also lead to more regular contributions.
At least I certainly hope so :-)