On 07/01/2013 10:43, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 02:53:33 +0000, Lyle <webmas...@cosmicperl.com>
wrote:

Hi All,
    Whilst working on another project it made sense to write a tool for
comparing the various RDBMSs...
Very useful indeed, but I'm afraid that it also depends on the version
of the database(s). I've done several talks about the deficiencies of
RDBMS's and basically, there is no perfect database: they all have
their hatred areas *). Choose the one that best fits your current needs
(even if that is a flat-file solution).

What would you need (as perl-script output) to extend that info for
DBD::Unify (which I still have access to) and DBD::CSV, DBD::SQLite

I've got a tight deadline for this project submission, and I'm only focusing on those four databases. If you want to wait four months until after my deadline then I'll take a look, otherwise it's probably easiest to grab a copy off github:
https://github.com/cosmicnet/CompareRDBMS
I haven't done a Makefile.PL yet for the dependencies but installing CGI::Application::Server should be enough if you already have the relevant DBDs. It's prettu straight forward, start the server in a terminal, open in your browser, select the DBD driver you want to add configuration for (it allows you to test the settings before saving). Then click on the Type comparison reports.

Come to think of it, I haven't tested on Linux yet, let me know if you have issues.

*) http://tux.nl/Talks/DBDc/quo1.html
    http://tux.nl/Talks/DBDc/name.html
    http://tux.nl/Talks/DBDc/null.html

I'll most likely extend CompareRDBMS with comparisons like these. I'm building it up on my other project. If you (or anyone) is tempted to submit patches, that's great, but please hold off for the next 4 months as it's part of my dissertation project submission.

Lyle