On 07/01/2013 13:08, Lyle wrote:
On 07/01/2013 10:43, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 02:53:33 +0000, Lyle <webmas...@cosmicperl.com>
wrote:

Hi All,
    Whilst working on another project it made sense to write a tool for
comparing the various RDBMSs...
Very useful indeed, but I'm afraid that it also depends on the version
of the database(s). I've done several talks about the deficiencies of
RDBMS's and basically, there is no perfect database: they all have
their hatred areas *). Choose the one that best fits your current needs
(even if that is a flat-file solution).

What would you need (as perl-script output) to extend that info for
DBD::Unify (which I still have access to) and DBD::CSV, DBD::SQLite

I've got a tight deadline for this project submission, and I'm only focusing on those four databases. If you want to wait four months until after my deadline then I'll take a look, otherwise it's probably easiest to grab a copy off github:
https://github.com/cosmicnet/CompareRDBMS

I couldn't resist having a quick look at SQLite, turns out they haven't implemented type_info so it doesn't return anything.

sub type_info_all {
    return; # XXX code just copied from DBD::Oracle, not yet thought about

DBD::CSV does return type info, for some reason it returns two identical BLOBs?

I've updated the reports:
http://www.cosmicperl.com/rdbms/compare_types.html
http://www.cosmicperl.com/rdbms/compare_type_details.html

Lyle