From: Paul D. Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 4:17 PM
To: Ask Bjoern Hansen
Cc: Tim Bunce; M.W. Koskamp; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; dbi-users
Subject: Re: ISA inheritance vs. DBI?

%% Ask Bjoern Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

  abh> On Mon, 21 May 2001, Tim Bunce wrote:

> [...]

  abh> [ assuming we talk about Reply-To munging ]

  abh> Even the simplest of email filtering systems should be able to
  abh> filter that. Either into a separate box, and/or filter duplicate
  abh> messages.

No, you misunderstand my complaint.

I'm quite familiar with the reply-to munging arguments, and I fully
subscribe to the side of the fence that condemns reply-to munging, I
don't want that setting changed.

My comment was that I was receiving two copies of the mail where the
first one was addressed to me only, without the list in the Cc: line
anywhere.  It looked exactly like a private message.  I replied to it,
only to the sender of course since that was the only address in the
headers.

Then an hour later, I would get a copy via the list as well with more
headers than the first copy.

I'm on a _LOT_ of mailing lists and this is the first time I've seen
anything like that.  I use Emacs VM and Gnus to read my mail; I know
it's not a puny MUA problem :).

FWIW.

---
 Paul D. Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods &
Tools
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad
Scientist
---