We've been noticing that often times DBD::Informix is not returning the
whole error message generated by the database.  For example,  I received
the following string in response to a char to numeric conversion error:

SQL:-1213: <

However in the Apache error_log, I get:

FastCGI: server
"/apache/test/vip2/cgi/user/a03.fcgi" stderr: DBD::Informix::st execute
failed: SQL: -1213: <<Failed to locate SQL error message> at
../ip01_ipid_cache.pm line 52.

or

FastCGI: server
"/apache/test/vip2/cgi/user/a03.fcgi" stderr: DBD::Informix::st execute
failed: SQL: -1213: Character to numeric conversion error at
../ip01_ipid_cache.pm line 52.

The behavior of what is included in $DBI::errstr does not seem to follow
any pattern.  Sometimes when I print $DBI::errstr I'll get the error
message other times I just get the SQL and/or ISAM error.

Is anyone aware of a bug in DBD::Informix that is causing this?  It is
rather irritating since I often go to the Informix web site to look up the
error code, and the web developers decided to dump almost 2MB of text on
that page, thus causing my browser to puke often.

I'm using Perl 5.6.0, DBI 1.14 and DBD::Informx 1.00.PC1 on AIX 4.3.3.

Thanks,
Curt