A lot of times this has to with your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
If it is CGI scripts giving you headache then first,
try creating a CSH wrapper for the script

#!/bin/csh

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

myscript

---
If that solves it then you could set that in your
Apache set up if you are doing CGI, if you had to.

But, really, if you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly when
you built DBD::Oracle then you should be able to
connect later no matter what LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to
(I believe).  Try building DBD::Oracle again with
$ORACLE_HOME/lib in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hope this helps and is not too far off base from your
problem.

Good luck.

--- Brij P Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sir,
>
> I had created symbolic link from
> $ORACLE_HOME/libclntsh.so.8.0 to
> /usr/lib/libclntsh.so.8.0 and /lib/libclntsh.so.8.0
> now I am getting
> following error.
>

> The strange thing is that same set up is working
> fine on another machine
> of linux.
>
> pls suggest as to how this problem could be
> resolved.
>

> regards
> B.P.Singh
>
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Brij P Singh wrote:
>
> > Sir,
> >
> > I have been going through a tough time while
> accessing oracle database
> > through web.it works fine from linux command
> prompt.But when I access the
> > same script it gives me the folloeing errors.
> >
> > I have tried changing /etc/ld.so.conf and ldconfig
> and I have also tried
> > supplyimg oracle variable in the perl script also
> but I always get the
> > follwoing errors.
> >

> > install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load

'/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so'
> > for module DBD::Oracle: libclntsh.so.8.0: cannot
> open shared object file:
> > No such file or directory at

/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i686-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm