Tim Bunce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
:Then there's the whole issue of which drivers to include or not.
:
:I think the Software Development Kit (SDK) approach has more appeal:
:Define a standard bundle of extra modules that people are recommended
:to install with Perl. There was an attempt at an defining an SDK
:for Perl some time ago but it seemed to flounder.)
:
:[CC'd to perl5-porters to see if there's any life in the SDK concept]

It is my hope and intention that 5.10 will be defined more flexibly
than previous perls, such that any particular user of perl can specify
the type of use they wish to support and be offered a packaged set
that will make the relevant facilities available. I don't yet know
what it'll look like; [EMAIL PROTECTED] is the mailing list newly
set up for discussion of this issue (which supersedes the moribund
perl-sdk list).

Hugo