Look closely: http://search.cpan.org/author/TIMB/DBI-1.30/DBI.pm#GETTING_HELP

> When you look for the DBI mod doc on CPAN by 'name' here
> http://www.cpan.org/modules/
> And click on 'DBI', you get a list of several files..and none are too
> useful.

As you've probably discovered now, search.cpan.org is much much better
than www.cpan.org.

> However, if you click 'CPAN Search' on http://www.cpan.org/modules/
> And enter 'DBI', you get the link to
> http://search.cpan.org/author/TIMB/DBI-1.30/DBI.pm
> Which was just what I was looking for reference to the info I need....that
> would probably take care of most stupid people's questions such as mine!

If you have perl installed then you should have the perldoc command
installed so you can read the DBI docs by running "perldoc DBI".
No need to use the web.

Tim.