Manisha
Hello
Hi
I am working with Perl CGi. There is a query where i have to select all
columns in  a table and display the data on the web page.
the query is something like
"select * from <tablename>
But the problem is I am not able to get the column names.
I am using the DBI module. Is there a way to get column names?
I read the responses from Dan, Timothy and Brian, and they all have sound
advice. If you would like to see another approach you can visit:
http://www.geocities.com/k2001evad/pindex.html
and cut and paste scripts for Oracle, MySql and Postgres DBMS that
demonstrate another (not nessecarily better) way to get meta data from those
RDBMs. If your driver supports the table_info method that may be the most
direct way to get to the column names. Check the DBI docs for more
information.
HTH