I am trying to read email off a mail server using perl, parse it, and then store the fields in a MySQL database. I managed to write the first two parts in a couple of days, but now I've spent two weeks trying to get the fields into a the "Messages" database. I have got several fields to go in and then I ran the same script the next day with no changes and it wasn't working any longer.

I have run into about every problem imaginable and I can't get a stable script. Once when I thought I had it working, the script started carping because there were embedded quotes in the email body which it interpreted as delimiters. I tried the "qw" function and it was bitching about another syntax problem.

I have a few books on Perl that have DBI examples but they are not made for MySQL and the examples are very Mickey Mouse compared to what I'm trying to do. Any suggestions or directions to potential resources will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Gregg