It would definitely help if you post source-code.

This might not be what you're looking for, but the general syntax for
INSERTs might be something like:

use DBI;
use strict;

my $user = 'username';
my $pass = 'password';

my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:MySQL:<db_name>', $user, $pass);
my $sql = '
INSERT INTO TEMP(
        FIELD1,
        FIELD2,