[reply-to dbi-users only please, sorry for the cross post]

Dean Arnold wrote:

1) How many joins per stmt allowed ?

2) outer join support ?

For the moment, joins won't be changing from what they currently are - two tables with explicit joins (including outer joins) or unlimited tables with implicit joins (but those require an equijoin condition in the where clause for each table).

3) re: performance: have you considered collecting COUNT(*) from each
datasource

Interesting idea. At the moment I am not doing much to optimize.

4) I concur that SQL extensions are better than DBI; have you considered
a DBIx subclass implementation, ala DBIx::Chart ?

I'm not sure what the benefit of that would be over keeping it in SQL::Statement, please clue me in if I'm missing something.

5) Distributed INSERT ... SELECT, UPDATE..FROM, or DELETE ... WHERE x IN
(SELECT...)
supported ? (possible transactional issues, I suppose...)

The only subqueries I'm contemplating so far are CREATE INTO x FROM y ... and SELECT INTO x FROM y, basically a way to dump from one rdbms to another rather than the kind of fine tuning you are talking about, but maybe in the future.

6) Any minimum i/f requirements from the underlying DBD's ?

I don't think so, it will just essentially create a $dbh using the DBD and keep that stored in a lookup table.

--
Jeff