Dean Arnold wrote:

Also, how easy will it be to overload/hook into the SQL syntax processing ?

I'm slowly working on making that easier. It's certainly a goal. I think most things could be overloaded by subclassing SQL::Statement and SQL::Parser, why don't you send me some more details of what you're planning and I'll see if I can think of the best way.

And just to make sure I understand...will an INSERT SELECT/UPDATE FROM
be able to embed callbacks as "pseudo tables" ala:

INSERT INTO [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SELECT my_filter_funcion(*) FROM
   (SELECT * FROM [EMAIL PROTECTED]) db2table;

The parenthesized subquery is the only part of that I don't yet support and if I go with Tim's suggestion of allowing $sth to be used as a data source, then something pretty similar will be possible, currently it would look more like:

 INSERT INTO [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     AS SELECT my_filter_funcion(*)
             FROM [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--