Ron Savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:00:14 -0800, Tyler MacDonald wrote:
>
> Hi Tyler
>
> > OK, I like the environment variable thing. That gives me the
> > opportunity to warn a user installing manually via CPAN that they
> > don't have to install SQLite2 if they don't want.
>
> Just for the record: When I install a set of modules on a PC not connected to
> the internet, or install just your module via a CGI script, I /hope/ your code
> doesn't stop and ask a question assuming someone's watching the command
> line...

        Currently, it *does* use the prompt() function supplied by
ExtUtils::MakeMaker, which is supposed to prompt you if you have a
controlling terminal, so long as PERL_MM_USE_DEFAULT is not set.

        Not all autobuild systems seem to set that properly though (or there
may be something else going on here, I've asked gozer if he has any tips):

http://ppm.activestate.com/BuildStatus/5.8-windows/windows-5.8/DBIx-Transaction-0.003.txt

        Cheers,
                Tyler