Loo, Peter # PHX [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 5:17 PM
> To: DBI-Users
> Subject: $dbh->{RowCacheSize} = 1000
>
> Hi,
>
> Can someone please tell me what the size is when I set it to 1000?  Is
> it one meg?

perldoc DBI:

   "RowCacheSize"  (integer)
       A hint to the driver indicating the size of the local
       row cache that the application would like the driver
       to use for future "SELECT" statements.  If a row cache
       is not implemented, then setting "RowCacheSize" is
       ignored and getting the value returns "undef".

       Some "RowCacheSize" values have special meaning, as
       follows:

         0 - Automatically determine a reasonable cache size for each SELECT
         1 - Disable the local row cache
        >1 - Cache this many rows
        <0 - Cache as many rows that will fit into this much memory for each
             SELECT.

       Note that large cache sizes may require a very large
       amount of memory (cached rows * maximum size of row).
       Also, a large cache will cause a longer delay not only
       for the first fetch, but also whenever the cache needs
       refilling.

       See also the "RowsInCache" statement handle attribute.