I would expect a C program to be able to write to a file faster than any
database loader could load data.

________________________________

From: Loo, Peter # PHX [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thu 8/31/2006 5:49 PM
To: Garrett, Philip (MAN-Corporate); DBI-Users
Subject: RE: $dbh->{RowCacheSize} = 1000

The reason I asked the question is that the Pro*C program appears to be
writing the output to a file faster than my Perl program can write to
the named pipe.  The other end of the named pipe is a native database
utility similar to the sqlldr (nzload).  I don't know where the bottle
neck is so I might have to break up the program into to separate parts.
Have Perl dump the table to a file then feed the file using nzload and
calculate the total time for each step.

Peter