From: Ronald J Kimball [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 2:23 PM
To: Loo, Peter # PHX; DBI-Users
Subject: RE: $dbh->{RowCacheSize} = 1000

Loo, Peter # PHX [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 5:17 PM
> To: DBI-Users
> Subject: $dbh->{RowCacheSize} = 1000
>
> Hi,
>
> Can someone please tell me what the size is when I set it to 1000?  Is

> it one meg?

perldoc DBI:

   "RowCacheSize"  (integer)
       A hint to the driver indicating the size of the local
       row cache that the application would like the driver
       to use for future "SELECT" statements.  If a row cache
       is not implemented, then setting "RowCacheSize" is
       ignored and getting the value returns "undef".

       Some "RowCacheSize" values have special meaning, as
       follows:

         0 - Automatically determine a reasonable cache size for each
SELECT
         1 - Disable the local row cache
        >1 - Cache this many rows
        <0 - Cache as many rows that will fit into this much memory for
each
             SELECT.

       Note that large cache sizes may require a very large
       amount of memory (cached rows * maximum size of row).
       Also, a large cache will cause a longer delay not only
       for the first fetch, but also whenever the cache needs
       refilling.

       See also the "RowsInCache" statement handle attribute.

This E-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail, and