On Sun, 17 Sep 2006, Henri Asseily wrote:

This is a good way for handling a few potentially long-running queries, but forking each time means that you create a new dbh each time, correct? That's impossibly slow for environments like high-volume webservers.

Right.  And a few long-running queries is exactly what I plan to use
it for!  It would be nice to have something that could prevent any
query from running long, but what I really need is to have a way to
time-out the few obvious problem-children.

Some kind of a DBI::Pool on the process level, basically. With a
parent process that manages the pool of DBI processes, which can be
killed by a calling process when the query takes too long.

Patches welcome.  It's overkill for my app, but I can see the value of
it.

-sam