Is this a business critical database?  If so, I would go back to the
business and make an argument that the current database not be allowed to go
away till the new database is in place, migrated and tested.  Regardless of
the tool you use to migrate it, you will run the risk of data loss if the
old database is allowed to be completely deleted prior to a new one being
installed.

--
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve
neither liberty or security.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Martin Luther King

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and
effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated,
and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or
affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the
persons or things to be seized.

Amendment IV to the Constitution of the United States

"I am not going to answer any questions as to my association, my
philosophical or religious beliefs or my political beliefs, or how I voted
in any election, or any of these private affairs. I think these are very
improper questions for any American to be asked, especially under such
compulsion as this."
Pete Seeger before the House Un-American Activities Comittee