>   Right - we're working on the dynamic caching because with us being
> too lazy to change dbmail to handle it itsself, that's the only
> practical option available.  The only reason to add that to the pop3/
> imap daemons would be for seemless migration (all new messages get
> cached at injection time, old messages happen as needed).  It may
> be easier just to write that into dbmail-maintenance though, and
> when you update from the old non-header-caching setup to the new,
> you just have to run dbmail-maintenance to fix things up.

  Adding that support to dbmail-maintenance is probably not a bad
idea.  Put the list of "interesting" headers in dbmail.conf and run
the maintenance program to bring the header cache up to date.  Then
if you change your list of what is interesting, just run
dbmail-maintenance again (to both add in new and delete out old
headers).

--
Jesse Norell
jesse (at) kci.net