Thomas Mueller wrote:
Hi Ilja,

I would think so, unless we've already made assumptions on the mailbox names being case insensitive.

I'll give it a spin.

I've just tried it on PostgreSQL, which is case sensitive in varchar fields. I can create mailboxes with names only different in case there.

That's strange. I am using PostgreSQL (7.4) and it doesn't work for me.

If I have INBOX/spam I can neither create INBOX/Spam nor rename from
spam to Spam.

SQL statements like this one happen on my database:
SELECT mailbox_idnr FROM mailboxes
WHERE LOWER(name) = LOWER('INBOX/spam')
AND owner_idnr='3'
So it can't work??

I didn't test it very thouroughly, so I probably missed all the instances in which it doesn't work.

Should we make this default?

dbmail should be case sensitive I think, because the most wide spread
imap servers like Cyrus are.

I agree, but I think we should wait until after the release of 2.0 to change this.

Ilja