> For the future, I've been thinking that there should be an automated upgrade
> program, or at least some feature of dbmail-maintenance to ensure that the
> tables are well formed for the current release.
>
> Once there's code to understand the is_header flag, we'll need an upgrade
> program that cycles through the database and adds the flag to earlier
> messages. I think it would be better to do off-line than to do as part of
> message retrieval; the way that dbmail-imapd recalculates rfcsize on the fly
> in several different places in the ic_fetch function is an anti-pattern.

  For this specific change, you could run the old pop3/imap daemons
with the new injection code (that sets isheader on all new messages),
then run your fixup on the live data, and upgrade pop3/imap afterwards.
That won't work for all changes, of course.

--
Jesse Norell

[EMAIL PROTECTED] is not my email address;
change "administrator" to my first name.