Ilja Booij wrote:

I'm in favour of a *simple* solution that will work *now*.

if we limit ourselves to only creating INBOX on the fly, we are not limiting any current capabilities in DBMail. It won't work with Sieve, but that's not our concern right now.

I'm sorry to object here. Currently dbmail *will* create on the fly. So any change in that regard *will* limit the current capabilities.

Limit automatic mailbox creation to INBOX by slightly adapting the current code. We can rewrite the stuff later. For now we just need something that works with our current feature set.

I don't see how auto_create_mailbox using 'dbmail-smtp -u user -m mailbox' should pose any security risk. Subaddress redirection is of course a different matter, and it should be treated differently.

0.02$

  Paul Stevens                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  NET FACILITIES GROUP                     GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31