On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:19:48 -0000, Aaron Stone
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Aaron Stone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> > Hans Kristian Rosbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> >
> >> Would it be possible for whoever is chief of the dbmail cvs
> >> trees to make regular status reports?
> >
> > I like this idea. I nominate Ilja for the job.
> [snip]
> > Yep, I think Ilja should appoint one for 2.0 and one for 2.1. Perhaps also
> > someone for 1.2?
>
> Ok, more thought this time before hitting Send:
>
> Ilja does monthly reports on 1.2 tree until it is EOL.
> (It's quite important, though fairly boring.)

This will be my task. (I've just updated the 1.2 status page in the Wiki.

> Aaron and/or Ilja does weekly reports on 2.0.
> (I'd like the job, but Ilja's doing the releases. Hmm? Ilja, if you really
> want this, won't hurt my feelings at all.)

Aaron, if you want to do this, be my guest. As far as I'm concerned,
you can also do the CVS tagging for releases in the 2.0 branch then.
It would be very nice if you could also update the website... I'll
have to investigate this. I've seen that dokuwiki (the wiki system
we're using) can also use ACLs to make pages thatcan only be added by
certain authenticated users.

> Paul does weekly reports on 2.1.
> (Paul seems to be doing most of the major refactoring right now. If
> someone else is doing the major work a few months from now, perhaps switch
> off?)

This looks like a good idea.

> I think that once we have a steady handle on what's happening
> (particularly in 2.1), we'll also be able to discuss opening the tree up a
> little wider. There's a lot that we can do when we get more people more
> informed about where we're going as a development team.

Agreed.

Ilja