> Hmm..  it also seems like dbmail-lmtpd is eating ram.
Yes, I've seen something similar when running a small
stresstest (mailbomb of 2000 tiny mails against my
testbox) but until now I thought it might be a local
configuration issue. Hm - seems to be not :(

> After only 8000 messages delivered, the 20 (IDLE) processes
> are each eating 14-20 MB of ram, totaling around 330MB ram.
Yes, exactly the symptoms on my box, except I've limited
dbmail-lmtpd to 5 processes.

> I guess this might have been fixed already in the upcoming
> 2.0.1.
Nope, don't think so, my box is running a cvs checkout
of dbmail_2_0_branch from 2004-11-20 03:36 CEST

Thomas Mueller reported something similar on a cvs checkout from
2004-09-22 in his mail

http://mailman.fastxs.net/pipermail/dbmail-dev/2004-November/005479.html

--
Wolfram