Paul J Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Found the sigpipe bug I believe.
>
> If the mysql connection disappears for some reason (idle timeout, or mysql
> restart), the dbmail process should reconnect. It does so for normal
> queries, but in the case of authentication the mysql connection is used
> for escaping the login/password sequences without checking the connection
> to the backend.

I was about to say, "That's stupid! Why don't they do it in the library?!"
but then I thought of a few reasons why they might. And then I decided
they were all stupid reasons. So, back to stupid.

> Solution is to call db_check_connection before calling
> mysql_real_escape_string.
>
> This is caused by a change the was checked in early november. So this was
> not caused in any way by last minute checkins.

Yep, that's when I did quoting and escaping.
But it was already in 2.0.1. Weird.

> Personally I don't see much value in extending the release process. If
> people don't test cvs snapshots, they won't test release candidates.

I disagree. Naming is everything. In order to find this problem, a real
site would have had to test out an RC in a (semi-)production environment.
Nobody would do that with a snapshot, but many more admins might try an
RC.

> Anyway, I'll check in the fix for this problem together with some
> significant search speedups in a couple of minutes.

It might be better to do only this fix, and then release again so that we
have a version out with no major regressions.

Aaron