Leif Jackson wrote:
I would say that as the _ic_sort was mostly just a stop gap untill we had
header caching available, that it is obvious the whole sort part of dbmail
should be reworked, however the current implementation is near optimal for
at least the sort needed for squirrelmail, as you mentioned before I never
intended this to be anything but for SM. If anyone has time to work on
code I would urge we focus on header caching so as to be able to make the
sort and other items work well for 2.1 and leave the sort code that was
merged into 2.0 as is and make a not that it is intened for SM only, or
add a option to enable the sort code and runtime...etc.

Well, this whole affair started with me trying to speedup searches and trying to apply the lessons learned there to the sort code. But you're quite right, fixing sort is too bloody to do in 2.0.

Aaron, before I can start on the header_table, I will have to start reshuffling some of the insertion code. I'll keep it clean and test-driven, but stuff will move to and be assimilated into dbmail-message.c.

  Paul Stevens                                  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  NET FACILITIES GROUP                     PGP: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl