On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 12:32 +0200, Paul J Stevens wrote:
> I just finished a valgrind run but I can't find any leaks. Nor have I
> ever seen such memory usage on my main test setups.
>
> Nathan, were you using gmime-2.1 or gmime-2.0??

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# rpm -q -a | grep gmime
libgmime2.0-2.1.11-2mdk
libgmime2.0-devel-2.1.11-2mdk

> It could also be that you're using some imap client that probes part of
> the imap code untouched by the test suite....

Very possible. Further testing seems to indicate the 2.0.4 also has the
problem, it just hasn't presented itself quite as bad.

I think the problem I'm seeing is that it's running out of memory and
getting killed. If it doesn't get killed, then it seems to work fine.

I regularly see dbmail-imapd using over 200mb. I am using a mix of
mozilla and evolution as the primary clients, but I'm pretty sure that
I've seen the symptom with both.

I'll see if I can test with valgrind here, although I have a feeling
that with the usual memory explosion I won't have enough space to run
it. We'll see...

-- Nathan