On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 10:51 +0200, Paul J Stevens wrote:

> Aaron Stone wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 27, 2005, Paul J Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> >

> >>Hi guys,
> >>
> >>I'm exploring the usage of regexp?|pcre calls in dbmail. I'm working on
> >>the fast threading code, but it'll come in handy in many other areas I
> >>suspect.
> >

> > I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the regex library. For parsing
> > certain headers? This makes sense for some of the more convoluted headers.
>
> No. It is pretty much required for getting at the base-subject as
> required for SORT and THREAD (draft-ietf-imapext-sort-17).

No it's not. I [have] used:

http://www.jwz.org/doc/threading.html

to implement threading (same as in imapext-sort) without using regex at
all.

> > I'd say that PCRE is the way to go.
>
> I spent all day yesterday trying to build a rather complicated pattern
> with regex. No good. With pcre, it's a breeze ... once you get the hang
> of the api :-)

If this is the only place we've got regex, then I'll be happy to rewrite
it.

--
Internet Connection High Quality Web Hosting
http://www.internetconnection.net/