Hello

> I've just landed a change that will convert all strings inserted into
> the headervalue and subjectfield columns into UTF8 encoded strings using
> a gmime's iconv facilities. The subject and address parts of the
> envelope are encoded as utf7 (rfc2047) also makes it safe to insert them
> into utf8 tables regardsless of the original charset encoding.
>
> Pro:
> - we don't need to alter the schema.
> - imap-sort behaves as expected.
>
> Con:
> - this means starting from 2.2.0 dbmail expects tables to use utf8
> encoding.
>
> I havent tested yet how this new behavious affects people using non-utf8
>  encoded tables, like latin1 or koi8. People with experience in these
> matters are invited to speak up.

A have troubles with rev-2346.

I have tables in mysql with DEFAULT CHARSET=koi8r (historical reasons)
my collation_database:koi8r_general_ci , collation_connection:koi8r_general_ci

When I get message with plain koi8-r text in Subject, it is converted to utf8
and then inserted in dbmail_envelope table in "wrong" format (for me).

So , I have unreadable envelope.
When I try to get this message in kmail, it hangs (kmail, not dbmail).

My question is:
can you do such conversion configurable in config-file?

Or I must convert all my dbmail database to utf8?

--
Oleg Lapshin