that is what I mean by 're-assigning' mailboxes: when you delete a user, his/her mailboxes are re-assigned to a __archive__ system user, or maybe even __public__
with restricted ACLs.

Right. I thought you meant reassigning to the deleted user, and then delete everything.

Furthermore, the moving to archive can become default what I'm concerned, just adding it to dbmail-util to get a cyclic delete (like messages) can
be dbmail archive=yes parameter dependend.

no comprendo, ik nie begrijp nie, plz explain.

Currently if a mailbox is deleted, also are all messages within the mailbox. This has been a discussion point for some time. Maybe if adding the _archive_ mailbox and user stuff, make it the default case. Just have dbmail-util delete messages and mailboxes
if older than 2 runs or not based on "archive" value.

Marc