Hello Jason,

JB> Each time I check mail I get the same exact mail I already retrieved.

Let me guess... Outlook or Outlook Express as a client?

Outlook and some other clients will NOT mark messages as deleted on
the server, and won't remember what messages it has received, unless
it can retrieve ALL messages. So, if there is any message that causes
Outlook to abort its retrieval, it will still display what it has,
BUT, it will also download those messages again on the next pass.

Other clients delete each message as they're retrieved, or at least
remember that they've picked up a particular message if you've
configured the client to not delete messages.

Check your message table after doing a retrieve; the message status
field should change on messages that are read from 000 to 001, or to
002 if the client deleted the message on read. The dbmail maintenance
will remove messages with status 003 from the table, or change 002
status messages to 003.

--
Jeff Brenton
President,

Liberalism grants you the freedom to advocate any idea*.
 * Please see http://www.dididahdahdidit.com/except.php for a
   current list of exceptions