The experience problem concludes in the fact, that users don't see
folders they are used to, like Drafts, Sent Items, and Outlook 2007
asks, where to store sent mail, when sending mail for the first time
(thanks for that, MS!) - however I'm not sure what happens with
Drafts. Outlook just creates Junk Email, and Inbox, of course, is
there.
Now, why Outlook wouldn't create all the other folders when even OE
can do it, is beyond my understanding. Or there is a button somewhere
for that?
I guess one way would be to write a script which creates these
folders in dbmail DB, and subscribes users to them, this way at least
when outlook prompts users to indicate, where to store mail, there
will be a folder ready.
I'm using both Outlook 2007 and 2003. And, indeed, RoundCube is least
of my worries now, I'm sure if I get outlook to work, roundcube will
follow easily. :)
 Quoting Aaron Stone : In my opinion, this should have been made a
standard the same way the Inbox
 is standard. At this point, different mail programs have different
sets of
 default Sent, Drafts, and Trash folders -- and in other languages,
 translations of those as the folder names -- that formal
standardization
 isn't possible. The most common are "Inbox, Sent, Drafts, Trash",
but then
 there's "Sent Items" and "sent-items", too! And "Junk" / "Junk Mail"
/
 "Spam" as well!
 So, what specifically is the user experience problem you have in
Outlook?
 (And what versions of Outlook are you using?)
 As for RoundCube, I'm sure that the default set of folders can be
made
 configurable. I'm actually composing this reply in RC, and I see
"Inbox,
 Drafts, Sent, Junk, Trash" as the first five items in my mail folder
list.
 I don't know if it would have auto-created those folders for me if I
didn't
 already have them, though.
 Aaron
 On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 19:04:19 +0200, Matiss  wrote:
 > Hey,
 > Here's a thing. I'd like to automatically create at least Sent
Items
 > folder, so that it was there when my users log in via IMAP. I've
read
 > up on the fact that it is not such a good idea, but to me.. it
just
 > seems a BETTER idea than having to explain to EVERYBODY how to
create
 > a new imap folder, set up an outlook rule and what not.
 >>From what I understand, this is mainly microsoft outlook problem
(and
 > in case anyone knows how to fix this outlook-side, you're more
than
 > welcome to chip in), also roundcube webmail client doesnt create
 > folders automatically. On the other hand, outlook express and
 > thunderbird does create them automatically.
 > So, does anyone have any ideas about this?
 > Cheers,
 > Matt
 -- Tavs bezmaksas pasts Inbox.lv

Links: