On Freitag, 11. Dezember 2009 Daniel Urstöger wrote:
> Well, one can also do that with a filesystem based storage, you
>  just   need something similar to the MySQL replication for flat
>  files. DRDB for example.

DRBD puts a burden on the server all the time. For a secure replication
you need to wait until the I/O on the remote server is on disk too. Only
if you relax that, and allow buffered I/O to the remote, the impact is
negligible. But then you risk a munged DB in case your first machine
brutally crashes during high I/O, and suddenly you loose some parts of
your transactions which the DB does not expect. It's not nice, because
the DB claims everything went OK, while some data in some tables is
wrong...

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0660 / 415 6531                       .network.your.ideas.
//
// Wir haben zwei Häuser zu verkaufen:
// http://zmi.at/langegg/
// http://willhaben.at/iad/realestate/object?adId=15306857