Grobe, David Michael wrote:
> hello:
>
> I can't find Johann Wolfgang von Goethe using new faceted browser...starting
> with "Johan" in the Persons section, but I can find him by starting with
> birthdate...
>
> can someone tell me why?
>
> thanks,
>
> michael grobe

Micheal,

Please repeat this exercise using the faceted finder at:
http://dbpedia.org/fct  or http://lod.openlinksw.com (which is a 7.5
Billion+ cache of most of the Linked Open Data Cloud  plus a number of
others).

Steps:

1. Enter text pattern: Johan
2. Click on "Types" link within the Navigation section (to your right)
3. Flick on the links which filters by type
4. If need be click on "Properties" to further filter by properties
5. At anytime, click "show distinct values with count" or "show values"
to see result of your filtering

That's it.

UI could be better, but we've focused on the harder task of building an
engine that offers faceted "search and find" :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
President & CEO