David, Richard

Not a big mystery if you have a look at the code source of the html page
...  In your example the selected facet Person retrieves only a top list of
instances ... which are cached in the page as an array

<script language="Javascript"> var values = new Array("David (24)","John
(19)" ... etc

And the auto-suggest field taps in this array using javascript

new AutoSuggest("foaf-name", values);

So it does not query the data base ...

Not really a bug, not really a clean feature either :)

Bernard

Bernard Vatant
Senior Consultant
Vocabulary & Data Engineering