Hi all,

today we reached the end of the Mappings Creation Sprint. The DBpedia
community managed to increased the coverage of infobox templates to
80.73% on the English Wikipedia [1]. This is a boost of more than 11%
and something to be proud of at this point, even though we fell short
of the ambitious goal that was set at the beginning. The /ontology/
namespace will now contain significantly more valuable, high-quality
data.

A big thank you to everybody that contributed!

However, as the statistics continue to show, there is still room for
improvement, especially for other languages [2] and in the relative
number of all mapped properties.
Willing contributers should register at http://mappings.dbpedia.org/
and get their input into DBpedia.

Thanks for helping making this awesome open source project better!

Best regards,
Max

[1] http://mappings.dbpedia.org/server/statistics/en/
[2] http://mappings.dbpedia.org/index.php/Mapping_Statistics