On 11/11/2011 13:39, kevin carter wrote:
Presumably you want to create a linked data description of each of your
videos which includes the postcode?  Is the intention to put these
descriptions up on Wikipedia, or will you be creating your own online
resource?

Richard,

thanks for your advice. In response to your question then yes, Ideally
what I would like to do is create
a wikipedia page for postcode N19 4EH and include the video content
for that postcode, along with
other relevant data, but this seems a bit counter productive when
considered alongside the OS resource
(If I create a page called N9 4EH and include data from the OS) In
laymans terms what I want to do is link the
video data to existing linked data resources such as the OS, are you
saying this could be done from within
Wikipedia ?
I'm saying nothin' . Just trying to get a sense of what would be useful for you. One obvious point is that a Wikipedia page needs to be authoritative on the subject it is addressing. As such, if you put up a page for N19 4EH, it can't just be a vehicle for your own video, and would probably involve more work than you would want to put in.

I think a better approach would be to think of embedding some Linked Data directly in your own pages: RDFa is a popular way of doing this (I'm told). This Linked Data would say "this is a video; it depicts/islocated in postcode area X" (where X would be the Ordnance Survey URL for the postcode in question). And maybe some other useful metadata about the video.

Then you can just wait for the semantic spiders to come and find your site.

Richard

*Richard Light*